|Like us on Facebook! NYS Educational Media Technology AssociationSchool Improvement through Media Technology
The NYS EMTA is an organization comprised of New York State educators with media/technology responsibilities within a BOCES media program or a non-public regional media center. Our corporate partners are representatives of commercial firms in the fields of media and technology, and are also considered full members.
We work together to provide support to teachers and students through the use of media and technology. We support each other through networking, advocacy, and professional development. Our annual spring conference allows each corporate member a chance to meet individually with BOCES members allowing for a level of service that is unparalleled.
For information on how to join the NYS EMTA, please visit our membership page.
SAVE THE DATES:
EMTA Strategic Planning Institute & Corporate Sponsor Showcase
March 20-22, 2017 @ Embassy Suites, Syracuse
EMTA Spring Conference 2016 Photos
See more photos on Spring Conference Page!
The EMTA Believes
- Educational media and technology are inseparable.
- Educators who integrate media and technology into their instruction enhance and support learning for students with a wide range of abilities and learning styles.
- Educational media/technology programs support educators and students every day and provide resources and services that correlate to state and national learning standards for instructional excellence.
- Media/technology professionals:
- Support educators and students in the proficient use of media and technology.
- Provide dynamic leadership in current and evolving technologies.
- Need to collaborate with each other, corporate/business partners, the public sector, and other service providers to ensure quality services.
- Need a collective voice to advance our contributions to quality learning experiences for students.
Our Strategic Goals
- Support State Education Department efforts to promote change through the implementation of the New York State Learning Standards.
- Actively promote opportunities for the professional and staff development of its membership.
- Provide opportunities for the professional and staff development of its membership.
- Enhance the image of BOCES media/technology services.
- Support initiatives that promote the cooperation of Regional Media/Technology Centers and Association Corporate partners.
- Expand and strengthen its role in the media/technology field.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
E M T A