Media Literacy Project Grant
Grant deadline has passed for the 2017-18 School Year. Thank you to all that applied.
The New York State Educational Media/Technology Association provides three annual Media Literacy Grants in the amount of $1,250 for certified teachers in New York State who are working with K-12 students on media literacy. Media Literacy is defined as the ability to comprehend, design, and produce media. It includes critical thinking skills used to evaluate and analyze information in a variety of formats. Media Literacy is essential to be able to distinguish between fact and fiction.
The purposes of the grant are to:
- Support educators who provide resources and services that correlate to state and national learning standards for instructional excellence promoting media literacy.
- To provide funds for research projects or demonstration projects that can be replicated in other areas across the state and nation.
A film literacy course held after school
Learning about the effective creation and use of media in student work
Using video effectively in your lesson plans
- Lindsay Cesari, Durgee Jr. High, Baldwinsville CSD
- Tonya Lackey, Westport CSD
- Christine Santimaw, P.V. Moore High School, Central Square CSD
- Roma Mattott, South Lewis High School
- Karen Tomidy & Laura Hann, Attica High School: Stream Team
- Amelia White & Ellen Richmond, Letchworth High School
2015-16: Tina Laramie, Vernon-Verona-Sherrill High School
2014-15: Lisa LaBrake et. al., Sweet Home High School
2011: Nick Lawrence, East Bronx Academy
- Mary Alice Brunell & Rory Malone, Oswego Middle School
- Jennifer Flower, Argyle Central School
2010: Randal Tyner, Jackson Heights Elementary, Glens Falls School District GF Jigamarig
2009: Lisa LaBrake and Peter Dobmeier, Sweet Home HS
2008: Madonna Figura, Wellsville HS
2007: Peter Mahan, Hannibal HS
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
||PPTX file: You need Microsoft PowerPoint to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, visit the the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.
E M T A